Mental Health Support Worker
Auscare Day Services is a Dynamic provider in the Disability Support Community.
We provide community access, in-home support, respite and capacity building. Auscare are a supportive and family friendly organisation that provides ongoing flexibility for it’s employees and participants. We have opportunities for experienced mental health workers from Caboolture to Gympie with a variety of day and overnight shifts.
The role of Mental Health Support Worker is a varied position that will involve:
- Supporting NDIS participants to build capacity in their lives
- Creating goals with participants and providing support to achieve them
- Facilitating groups
- Assisting participants to develop coping strategies, build confidence and access the community
Each participant will have different needs. This role varies with each person, so Auscare Day Services aim to provide a unique experience for all participants by matching clients with the right support person.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum Certificate IV in Mental Health or similar qualification
- At least 12 months workplace experience will be highly regarded
- Blue card + yellow card or yellow card exemption
- Current police check
- Open drivers licence
- Your own reliable transport and comprehensive car insurance
- A smart phone
- First Aid + CPR
- NDIS workers orientation module
Auscare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
Only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered for this role.
If this opportunity sounds like the career for you, please upload a copy of your cover letter and resume. We have full time, part time and casual roles available.