Disability Support Worker
Auscare Day Services is a Dynamic provider in the Disability Support Community.
We provide community access, in-home support, respite and capacity building. These supports are needed now more than ever. We are proud to have a support workforce who are still out there providing the essential assistance to ensure our most vulnerable are getting the care they need.
We are a supportive and family friendly organisation that provides
ongoing flexibility for it’s employees and participants. We have opportunities for experienced disability support & mental health workers from Caboolture to Gympie with a variety of day and overnight shifts.
The role of the Support Worker is a varied position that will involve:
- Supporting NDIS participants to build capacity in their lives
- Creating goals with participants and providing support to achieve them
- Facilitating groups
- Assisting participants to develop coping strategies, build confidence and access the community
Each participant will have different needs, this role varies with each person so Auscare Day Services aim to provide a unique experience for all participants by matching clients with the right support person.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum certificate III in Individaul Support – Ageing HAC OR
- Certificate III in Individual Support – Disability
- At least 12 months workplace experience will be highly regarded
- Blue card + yellow card or yellow card exemption
- Current police check
- Open drivers licence
- Your own reliable transport and comprehensive car insurance
- A smart phone
- First Aid + CPR
- NDIS workers orientation module
Auscare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
Only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered for this role.
If this opportunity sounds like the career for you, please upload a copy of your cover letter and resume. We have full time, part time and casual roles available.